Thread F - Crossfire

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Thread F - Crossfire

Post by Aurora the Dragon on Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:43 am

"Well, what can we do about it? When it's just soldiers, that's one thing. How do we fight a spirit?"
avatar
Aurora the Dragon

Posts : 163
Join date : 2014-02-25
Age : 23
Location : Adventure

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Thread F - Crossfire

Post by Author on Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:56 am

"The spirit should be commanded by their leader, so we just fight her."
avatar
Author
Admin

Posts : 1076
Join date : 2014-02-09
Location : Everywhere

View user profile http://worldofskyline.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Thread F - Crossfire

Post by Marceline Mori on Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:31 pm

"Sounds simple enough." Marcy grunts.
"Spill a bit of blood, don't get set on fire. I don't see anything that could go wrong really."
Her body tenses up as she prepares to throw the Charkam.
"Its rude to keep a girl waiting, can I fire?"
avatar
Marceline Mori

Posts : 277
Join date : 2014-02-09
Location : Brilliant Specter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Thread F - Crossfire

Post by Luc Weiyn on Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:07 am

"No-"
Luc hastily holds up a hand, still staring over at the orange tiger.
"Hold on. If they're an important part of village tradition, then we're not potentially jeopardizing that by jumping in and slicing off heads on a blind whim. Even if uh, said someone is doing something they shouldn't. Let me just... I want the full story first.
Deciding they've waited around long enough, Luc takes a few steps away from the rail, then runs forward and vaults over the edge. He plummets downward in a swan dive, smoothly disappearing beneath the surface of the waves.
avatar
Luc Weiyn

Posts : 153
Join date : 2014-02-20
Location : A land of ball-gags and riding crops

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Thread F - Crossfire

Post by Marceline Mori on Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:14 am

Marcy lets out a very very annoyed sigh, then the blood disk spins apart and flies into her arm.
"I GET ALL WORKED UP AND WHAT DOES HE DO? THE SENSIBLE THING. Fuck!"
She raises her arms up in frustration and stomps over to the mast. She sullenly leans her back against it and watches the battle.
avatar
Marceline Mori

Posts : 277
Join date : 2014-02-09
Location : Brilliant Specter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Thread F - Crossfire

Post by Author on Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:17 am

"WAIT!" Troy calls out, then looks at Marcy. "Flying into a battle towards a warrior-clan's leader is your idea of sensible?

"I drag him back?"
avatar
Author
Admin

Posts : 1076
Join date : 2014-02-09
Location : Everywhere

View user profile http://worldofskyline.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Thread F - Crossfire

Post by Marceline Mori on Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:20 am

"No."
Marcy spits, like she's expending some vile filth. She then raises her hands into the air and makes finger quotes.
"Diplomacy."
avatar
Marceline Mori

Posts : 277
Join date : 2014-02-09
Location : Brilliant Specter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Thread F - Crossfire

Post by Luc Weiyn on Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:31 am

This was probably a bad idea... that much, Luc was fully aware of, but he had to be sure. Keeping a respectable distance beneath the surface of the water, he weaves through the underwater currents, pushing and altering them to expedite his course to the boats. As he draws closer, he keeps his ear open; what was on the fire spirit's mind right now...?
avatar
Luc Weiyn

Posts : 153
Join date : 2014-02-20
Location : A land of ball-gags and riding crops

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Thread F - Crossfire

Post by Aurora the Dragon on Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:40 pm

"I'll follow him. If he gets in trouble I can back him up," Aurora says. Then she lifts off and dives straight into the water before anyone can respond.
avatar
Aurora the Dragon

Posts : 163
Join date : 2014-02-25
Age : 23
Location : Adventure

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Thread F - Crossfire

Post by Author on Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:43 pm

Luc gets near and senses the spirit. Determination, first and foremost. Perhaps a hint of bloodlust, but mostly purpose.

Kalia snarles. "Do we wait and see?"

"Hold back and he's got a shot. Don't, and we'll only make sure he's attacked."
avatar
Author
Admin

Posts : 1076
Join date : 2014-02-09
Location : Everywhere

View user profile http://worldofskyline.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Thread F - Crossfire

Post by Marceline Mori on Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:53 pm

Marcy continues to mutter under her breath. Something about ruining a good time and this is just like with the time with djinn in the elven whore house.
avatar
Marceline Mori

Posts : 277
Join date : 2014-02-09
Location : Brilliant Specter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Thread F - Crossfire

Post by Luc Weiyn on Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:14 am

Luc slows as he nears his target, lingering below and a little ways away from the orange tiger's boat. Well... at the very least it didn't seem like they were killing just for the fun of it, that was a plus. But, if he surfaced now, he'd likely be shot down.

The orange one should be able to listen as well as Luc could... Luc turns his attenton to Loire, communing with his aquatic companion. He needed her to make their intent plain, that they don't mean any harm and just wanted to talk. Luc himself is... uneasy and uncertain, but curious.
avatar
Luc Weiyn

Posts : 153
Join date : 2014-02-20
Location : A land of ball-gags and riding crops

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Thread F - Crossfire

Post by Author on Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:23 am

First sense was shock. Luc could feel a pair of wills home in on Loire like predators. But spirits knew not deceit, so Loire's intent was unquestioned. Another sense is redirected to Luc and Loire, cautioned questioning: who are you?
avatar
Author
Admin

Posts : 1076
Join date : 2014-02-09
Location : Everywhere

View user profile http://worldofskyline.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Thread F - Crossfire

Post by Luc Weiyn on Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:31 am

Luc closes his eyes, pushing forward his response: They aren't a threat, simply passer-by's. Although not particularly keen on fighting, he asserts they're ultimately curious of the combat above, and intrigued as to why the orange one and the spirit would be in a place like this. They were both mortals bound to spirits... another curiosity, a notion Luc extends in hopes that that the orange one agrees. Perhaps that would be grounds enough to talk.

Luc begins his ascension with slow, deliberate kicks, though doesn't breach surface quite yet. He wanted to make sure they had an understanding first; no point in showing his face if he was going to get skewered by arrows or the like...
avatar
Luc Weiyn

Posts : 153
Join date : 2014-02-20
Location : A land of ball-gags and riding crops

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Thread F - Crossfire

Post by Author on Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:55 am

The response is one of conformation, invitation, and a promise against instant death, and... Seemingly on the grounds curiosity.
avatar
Author
Admin

Posts : 1076
Join date : 2014-02-09
Location : Everywhere

View user profile http://worldofskyline.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Thread F - Crossfire

Post by Luc Weiyn on Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:23 am

Damn his errant curiosity. This was an awful idea and Luc knew it, but he didn't have it in him to back off and swim away just yet. Ascending to the surface, he tentatively pokes his head above the water and looks at the boat and its target of interest, keeping a respectable distance in case the situation got sour. Nets, harpoons... anything of the sort, and he'd duck right back underwater where it's safe.
avatar
Luc Weiyn

Posts : 153
Join date : 2014-02-20
Location : A land of ball-gags and riding crops

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Thread F - Crossfire

Post by Author on Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:48 am

The orange fur's eyes snap down to Luc. She holds out a hand to her soldiers and and says "Leave" in Sylvan. No one 'leaves,' but they refrain from throwing pointy sticks through his skull. "You keep a flame, as I, but not so." She spoke in some form of degraded Sylvan. "But you are with questions to me, as I am to you." She keeps an eye on the battle before her. Tigers are scaling the side of the ship with climbing spikes, like a cliff. "It is true I am out of home, but home is no more. We shall take home across the water."
avatar
Author
Admin

Posts : 1076
Join date : 2014-02-09
Location : Everywhere

View user profile http://worldofskyline.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Thread F - Crossfire

Post by Luc Weiyn on Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:05 am

Ousted from their land...? Luc frowns; that would definitely explain her resolve, and at the very least, she could hardly be blamed for seeking a new home for her people. The fighting, perhaps, perhaps not; he'd work his way to that. Luc glances to the ensuing battle, then responds in Sylvan.
"Your home is gone. Why? Was it taken by beasts? Another tribe, perhaps?"
avatar
Luc Weiyn

Posts : 153
Join date : 2014-02-20
Location : A land of ball-gags and riding crops

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Thread F - Crossfire

Post by Author on Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:41 am

"Ha! We would not concede home to one combatable," she says with pride, then grimly, "It comes."
avatar
Author
Admin

Posts : 1076
Join date : 2014-02-09
Location : Everywhere

View user profile http://worldofskyline.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Thread F - Crossfire

Post by Luc Weiyn on Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:38 am

"I do not understand. It comes? What comes?"
That was... certainly foreboding. Whatever she was talking about, it sounded important; perhaps swimming all the way out here was a good idea after all.
avatar
Luc Weiyn

Posts : 153
Join date : 2014-02-20
Location : A land of ball-gags and riding crops

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Thread F - Crossfire

Post by Author on Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:36 pm

There is a pause. "We do not know. But it cannot be stopped."
avatar
Author
Admin

Posts : 1076
Join date : 2014-02-09
Location : Everywhere

View user profile http://worldofskyline.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Thread F - Crossfire

Post by Luc Weiyn on Thu May 01, 2014 2:22 am

Luc's brow furrows.
"You must know something. It took your home, yes? How?"
avatar
Luc Weiyn

Posts : 153
Join date : 2014-02-20
Location : A land of ball-gags and riding crops

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Thread F - Crossfire

Post by Author on Fri May 02, 2014 11:00 pm

"It is a shadow, stretches across the land, consumes the fallen for its own. It not taken our home, but it would. But we will not lie down. We are warriors, and we will fight for home."
avatar
Author
Admin

Posts : 1076
Join date : 2014-02-09
Location : Everywhere

View user profile http://worldofskyline.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Thread F - Crossfire

Post by Luc Weiyn on Sun May 04, 2014 7:28 pm

Consumes the fallen for its own... that sounds a lot like an undead epidemic.
"This shadow that consumes... it spreads its influence through those it takes, yes? It claims the bodies of the dead, then uses them as its puppets?"
avatar
Luc Weiyn

Posts : 153
Join date : 2014-02-20
Location : A land of ball-gags and riding crops

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Thread F - Crossfire

Post by Author on Sun May 04, 2014 8:37 pm

Her eyes flick down to Luc. "What do you know?"
avatar
Author
Admin

Posts : 1076
Join date : 2014-02-09
Location : Everywhere

View user profile http://worldofskyline.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Thread F - Crossfire

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum