Skyline
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thread F - Crossfire

4 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Thread F - Crossfire - Page 3 Empty Re: Thread F - Crossfire

Post by Author Sun May 04, 2014 9:11 pm

At that moment, a particularly badass Wolven cuts a tiger apart as his sword glows with white flame. Most of the other Wolven aren't fairing as well - they're better trained martially, but the tigers are much stronger and larger.
Author
Author
Admin

https://worldofskyline.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Luc Weiyn Mon May 05, 2014 3:33 am

Luc briefly glances at the nearby carnage; it seems like the tigers had a good chance of winning. And if their voyage continued, they'd encroach further into wolven territory, resulting in more skirmishes like this one, especially considering how battle-hungry both races were. Even more, it sounded like an aspiring necromancer was campaigning to claim himself a necropolis. If the tigers were going to fight anything (and that was an inevitability), better that it be out of self-defense than invasion.

"I am no expert, but I believe to know of which you speak. Those that walk again after death--the 'zombie'--their forms have been touched by corrupt powers. However, that corruption does not spread on its own like sickness; no, it is wielded by individuals who have embraced the darkness, who would weave and manipulate the dead to carry out their whims."

"It sounds like one such death-weaver--a 'necromancer,' as they are named--threatens your old home. You say the shadow cannot be stopped, but if it is a necromancer that has driven you to these waters, would you still yield your birthland so readily? There may be hope for it yet."
Luc Weiyn
Luc Weiyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Author Mon May 05, 2014 4:26 pm

"This beast is no mortal. Its reach covers the land, all dead rise again. I have felt its chilling grasp. It was as a creature with no spirit, an emptiness."
Author
Author
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Luc Weiyn Tue May 06, 2014 11:12 pm

"No spirit...?"
Luc shakes his head with a sigh.
"You speak of 'lich,' a death-weaver of great power. Its body is now an empty puppet, but its spirit lingers on, stowed away in an object of its choosing. Though the empty shell will rise each time it is slain, destroying its spirit vessel will end it forever."
Did they have a chance of taking on a lich, though? They were certainly strong, yes, but finding a phylactery wasn't going to be easy...
Luc Weiyn
Luc Weiyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Author Wed May 07, 2014 12:21 am

Her eyes narrow. "Then we are better off fighting mortals we understand."
Author
Author
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Luc Weiyn Sat May 10, 2014 11:42 pm

"Are you?"
Luc shakes his head.
"You are skilled in combat, that much is apparent. However, you sail towards the heart of wolven territory, and their numbers far, far outstrip yours. The army of dead will fall upon besting the lich, but the wolven? They will inevitably overwhelm you. Is that the legacy you wish to leave? Your untimely demise after a coward's flight from home?"
Now Luc was really playing with fire... he gets ready to duck back under the water at the first sign of attack. Any spear or fire thrown his way might be misdirected or blocked with a well-placed surge of water, and perhaps he could quickly suck himself under with a sudden undercurrent...
Luc Weiyn
Luc Weiyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Author Sat May 10, 2014 11:51 pm

"How many could their clan have? I have learned to use my flame for battle, we can take on many more than most, and most these Wolven are small."
Author
Author
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Luc Weiyn Sun May 11, 2014 2:06 am

Luc's brow furrows. He may have a chance after all.
"Their territory stretches over a thousand miles. They have countless settlements to their name, only one of which they would need to outnumber your small handful of boats, and a familiarity with their own lands that you sorely lack. That isn't even including the likely backing of other foreign tribes. This here? This skirmish?"
Luc gestures out to the ensuing battle with his hand.
"This is nothing compared to what you would inevitably face. They too are a kind that thirsts for battle, and while one of yours could easily best one of theirs in fair combat, everything else is immeasurably tipped in their favor. I will admit, I do not know the full extent of the lich's influence... but I guarantee that you sail towards your destruction, should you not turn back to the frozen lands."
Luc Weiyn
Luc Weiyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Author Sun May 11, 2014 3:41 am

She snarls. "I know not these "Miles," but you mean to say their clans are united? I did not doubt we could crush one Wolven clan, but if there are so many..." She pauses for a few seconds. "I do not know who you are, but your flame speaks of honesty... As well as peace. You wish to end this fighting, save the lives of these wolves?"
Author
Author
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Luc Weiyn Sun May 11, 2014 3:54 am

Luc nods, though doesn't let himself relax just yet. Almost home free...
"Their lives and yours alike. There is a time and place to fight, and this is not one of them; the deaths here serve to benefit no one."
Luc Weiyn
Luc Weiyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Author Sun May 11, 2014 4:08 am

"And you seem to think there is hope against this "Lich," some way to defeat it, where there is none against these. If this is true, than help us. I will not retreat on your word alone, but with your help... We would need your knowledge of this foe, or the help of another you know."
Author
Author
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Luc Weiyn Sun May 11, 2014 4:37 am

"A fair proposal. Very well, I will return shortly; I must commune with others of my clan, there are those more knowledgeable than I."
Barring any objections from the orange priestess, Luc lets himself sink beneath the surface of the waves. He had to update the others quick and get any information they knew. Come to think of it, did Aurora swim after him? He did leave the boat in a bit of a rush... he takes a brief look around to see if she's nearby.
Luc Weiyn
Luc Weiyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Author Sun May 11, 2014 4:42 am

The leader roars, and her followers pause, stunned, but begin to retreat. She holds out her hand, and her fire spirit streaks through the water, the boils it in a sheet between them and the Wolven vessel, creating a thick smoke-screen. She then proceeds to argue intensely with her followers while waiting for Luc's return.
Author
Author
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurora the Dragon Mon May 12, 2014 11:15 am

Luc finds Aurora swimming just beneath the surface, intently studying a passing school of colorful fish.
Aurora the Dragon
Aurora the Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Author Wed May 21, 2014 2:29 am

Suddenly Cthulu rises up out of the waters. "FOOLISH MORTALS!!!" He screams, and everyone goes insane for 5 minutes, after which time they return to normal and forget what just happened. Or did they? No one can remember.
Author
Author
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Marceline Mori Wed May 21, 2014 1:05 pm

Mori pops in from the void of nothingness.
"It's spelled Cthulhu, come on guy."
Marceline Mori
Marceline Mori

Back to top Go down

Post by Luc Weiyn Wed May 21, 2014 4:57 pm

After recovering from his bout of temporary insanity, Luc kicks his way over to the aquatic dragon and taps her on the shoulder. He then points towards the direction of their ship with his thumb, before swimming off to regroup with the others.
Luc Weiyn
Luc Weiyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Marceline Mori Wed May 21, 2014 6:08 pm

"Bout fucking time..." Marcy murmurs begrudgingly as Luc exits from the water. She's quietly playing her guitar and sulking near the ships mast-pole. "So, what did trouble did you get us into this time?"
Marceline Mori
Marceline Mori

Back to top Go down

Post by Luc Weiyn Fri May 23, 2014 3:44 am

Luc jets out of the water, latching onto the side of the ship and climbing his way back on deck. As Marcy gives her fuddy-duddy greeting, Luc stretches, droplets of seawater dripping off his clothes and fur and onto the wooden floor.
"Well, they may be battle-hungry barbarians, but they're not that bad of people," he says casually. "I mean, at the very least they aren't out to cause trouble for the sake of trouble, they just kinda had their old home threatened and were out looking for a new place to settle down. But! I might've convinced them to turn back and take their home back, so long as I can give them enough info to help them out."
He claps his hands together, putting up a big smile.
"So! Uh... who her knows how to hunt down and destroy a lich's phylactery while fending off its undead army? That's kind of a dealbreaker..."
Luc Weiyn
Luc Weiyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Marceline Mori Fri May 23, 2014 8:47 pm

Marcy blinks her eyes, stating at Luc in disbelief.
"What."
Marceline Mori
Marceline Mori

Back to top Go down

Post by Luc Weiyn Fri May 23, 2014 11:44 pm

Despite the rhetorical nature of Marcy's question, Luc reiterates anyway.
"Their uh, their home was invaded by a lich, so they shipped off to find somewhere else to live. Poor fellows didn't even know what a lich was 'till I talked to them. Hell, I don't think they had even seen an undead before. So, either we help them out and they ship themselves back the way they came, or they keep sailing into wolven territory and eventually get themselves slaughtered..."
Luc Weiyn
Luc Weiyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Marceline Mori Fri May 23, 2014 11:59 pm

"Soooo... My vacation trip to exotic locations and the ends of the world is about to become a crusade in a frozen tundra with a bunch of grumpy tigers that might decide to just kill us?" Marceline says, continuing to give Luc a dead stare.
Marceline Mori
Marceline Mori

Back to top Go down

Post by Author Sat May 24, 2014 12:51 am

"Nice going!" Troy says, slapping Luc on the back.

"No! My bloodshed!" Roger yells.

"That's one way of looking at it," Kai says to Marcy, "It also sounds like an adventure."
Author
Author
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Marceline Mori Sat May 24, 2014 12:55 am

"...I packed for beaches..."
Marcy starts to mumble under her breath
"Why couldn't they ask someone else... Like fucking Mori. Man, he'd be all over frozen tundras. You've got the wrong Dhampir..."
Marceline Mori
Marceline Mori

Back to top Go down

Post by Luc Weiyn Sat May 24, 2014 2:37 am

Luc gives a tiny 'oof' at Troy's slap, then furrows his brow slightly at Marceline.
"Hey, c'mon now... I'd prefer a nice, tropical beach as much as the next guy, but we can't just let 'em sail straight to their deaths. Besides, if we really don't want to head off to the tundra, we might be able to just give them a quick crash course on fighting the undead and throw in some kinda magical... I dunno, do they make compasses that point towards phylacteries? Is that a thing?"
He scratches the back of his neck.
"We, um... do have someone onboard that knows a thing or two about liches, right?"
Luc Weiyn
Luc Weiyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next