Skyline
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scene A - The Rusty Dog

4 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Scene A - The Rusty Dog Empty Scene A - The Rusty Dog

Post by Author Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:34 am

It was late afternoon at the Rusty Dog, waterside bar of the port town Rivarra. Mori, Luc, Tracy and a young human man named Jebidiah all sat around a round table enjoying drinks. The three adventurers and the young fighter had just 'evicted' a cave's green, murderous tenants. Jebidiah had been a farmer's son with some small skill in blades who enlisted the party to deal with the villainous little yodas who kept eating their sheep.

They weren't the only party there either - it was a busy time of day, and numerous sailors and other folk filled the bar. It was a mostly human venue, but there was a small crew of minotaurs, and a wolven women at one table playing cards with four humans. A large pile of bronze and silver coins sat between the players.
Author
Author
Admin

https://worldofskyline.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Scene A - The Rusty Dog Empty Re: Scene A - The Rusty Dog

Post by Tracy the Cat Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:56 am

"And that's when I pulled the shaft out of my innards and smacked the beast with his own sword. But enough about this morning, what's the plan for the rest of today?" Tracy asks between sips of beer. She looks rather pleased with herself. Her ears are perked up, and her tail is flicking back and forth as though in a light breeze. She wears light leather armor, with a green tunic over the top. A rapier with a ruby set in its pommel sits snug under her belt.

Last edited by Tracy the Cat on Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Tracy the Cat
Tracy the Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Mori Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:21 am

Mori clinked ice against glass, swirling her drink in her hand and taking small sips of her whisky while Tracy regaled the party with yet another slightly overblown tale of her exploits. She smiled in enjoyment of the taste of her drink.
Damn this is good stuff. If only I didn't have to hear another story of Tracy getting rammed while drinking it... Wonder what mischief I can get up to in here?

"I'm probably going to get a doctor to look at my shoulder. Don't get me wrong Luc, you have fantastic hands but I don't think you also cure posion or disease and I'd rather not start dying halfway through our next job. Afterall, what would you all do without me?" Mori says. Several of the little green rodents had shot at her. One of them happened to be a crack shot and actually hit.

Her staff leaned against her chair, the dull surface of the obsidian stick was dormant for now. The rocky head of the stave was still bloodied with dried goblin blood, as was most of Mori's clothing. She casted her attention over to the table of card players for a moment, and a wicked idea crept into her head.
Oh I am such a bitch.
She reached out with her mind to one of the more nervous looking humans and forced a point of contact in.

The Wolven Is Bluffing Mori thought, beaming her message directly into the mans head. Play Your Hand. She Bluffs.
Mori
Mori

Back to top Go down

Post by Author Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:00 pm

The man abruptly looks over his shoulder, then turns back to the table, watching the Wolven intently as he waits for his turn.
Author
Author
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mori Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:09 pm

Hope he didn't bet his life savings, then I'd feel awful...
Mori lets a small smirk break across her face then turns her attention back to the misfit group around her. Cupping her left and right palms, Mori drew forth her will into a small glowing vortex of green light that swirled in her left hand, the dull staff resting against her chair reacts by faintly glowing the same emerald green color. Casually, Mori begins to toss the light from palm to palm.
"Hey Tracy, how many of the goblins did you get?" She asks.
Mori
Mori

Back to top Go down

Post by Tracy the Cat Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:57 pm

Tracy feigns counting on her fingers for a bit before replying. "I dunno. I think I lost count around 20. How'd you do?"
Tracy the Cat
Tracy the Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Author Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:07 pm

Jebidiah stares at the green light, still somewhat perplexed by it but not altogether surprised. He chuckles as he lifts his drink, "I suppose shouldn't be surprised if you guys actually count."
Author
Author
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mori Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:08 pm

"Trace, I don't even think there were 20 goblins in the cave." Mori says teasingly. She begins to swirl the magic spell around in circles, causing it to spin around from hand to hand instead of bouncing. "I think I got 5 or so. Spent a bit more time hexing then killing. Otherwise your new boytoy would have gotten a few scratches! Not that he doesn't have a few on his back already from you."
Mori
Mori

Back to top Go down

Post by Author Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:10 pm

Jebidiah chokes on his drink and blushes.
Author
Author
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mori Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:14 pm

Mori gives Jeb a wink and a smile. "Might help to be a bit more quiet. Your a bit of a screamer."
Mori
Mori

Back to top Go down

Post by Luc Weiyn Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:27 am

"Yh khndah are," Luc muses in the middle of a bite of ribs. The batfolk wasn't particularly bulky, whether it be from fat or muscle, but he still knew how to pack on the food. Still, he has the decency to swallow before he continues, directing his attention to Tracy. "You really do need to work on the claw thing, though. Those things are sharp y'know, all it really does is hurt." With that, he rips out another large mouthful of meat from his rib rack, letting out a small 'mm' as he chews.
Luc Weiyn
Luc Weiyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Mori Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:31 am

"Alternativly you could try not fucking every night." Marcy adds in, taking a drink of her whiskey before continuing. "I'm starting to think you guys are slacking during battle given your late night stamina."
Mori
Mori

Back to top Go down

Post by Luc Weiyn Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:42 am

Luc swallows, then gives a casual shrug with a small little smirk. "Well hey, if we keep up the kind of good work we've been doing, I think we've earned the right to slack a little. Besides. Let's be realistic here, it's not every night... she has Jeb now, right? At the very least, I'll get a break every couple nights or so." He then takes a hearty swig of his cider, washing down some of his meal.
Luc Weiyn
Luc Weiyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Mori Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:45 am

"Your endurance is just impressive. Some nights I've gone to sleep, only to wake up to you three still going strong!" Mori lets out a little chuckle and casts her gaze back to the card players. "I'm almost starting to feel a little left out of the group..." She muses, still tossing the light between her hands.
Mori
Mori

Back to top Go down

Post by Tracy the Cat Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:46 am

"Look. I'm just fine after having sex. It has no impact on my energy the next day. Actually, no. It makes me feel better the next day. Besides, it's hardly every night. I'm not a whore. Oh, and if you're feeling left out, feel free to join. I'm a fan of threesomes," Tracy says before slugging down the rest of her beer. "Hey bartender! Can I get another beer?"
Tracy the Cat
Tracy the Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Mori Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:07 am

"No offense meant Trace!" Mori says, leaning back in her chair and tossing the ball of light around Luc. "Just teasing a little. As for your offer, thanks but I'll pass for now. I'm not sure I'd have quite the same constitution as you all. Anyways, why bother working when I can lean back in my tent and watch the show for free?"
Mori
Mori

Back to top Go down

Post by Luc Weiyn Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:14 am

"Hmm..." Luc hums to himself, before leaning in close to Tracy with a conspiratorial whisper. "Hey, Tracy. Maybe if we start charging her per show, we could make a fortune..."
Luc Weiyn
Luc Weiyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Tracy the Cat Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:45 am

"Oh man, that'd be great. Getting paid to let people watch my sex? That'd be the best career ever. If only that actually existed," Tracy says with a playful tone. She picks up the empty beer mug and kind of twirls it around a bit.
Tracy the Cat
Tracy the Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Mori Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:50 am

Mori narrows her eyes at the suggestion, then starts trying to toss her glowing ball of light into Tracy's glass while she swings it.
"Well, change of topic, we do n-damn! Almost got it in that time. Stop swinging the cup about I want to get my light in. Anyways, we do need to find new employment. If only we could find something a bit more long term..." She says, then leans her chin on her palm while focusing on her attempts to get in Tracy's hole.
Mori
Mori

Back to top Go down

Post by Tracy the Cat Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:58 am

"I don't know about long term. I hate being tied down to something. There'd have to be a lot of variety in a long term agreement for me to consider it," Tracy replies. She begins actively dodging Mori's attempts to land the light in the cup, before finally slapping down the mug on the table opening down. "This is boring. Hey barkeep! Where's my beer?"
Tracy the Cat
Tracy the Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Mori Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:06 am

Mori gives Tracy a small pout when she slams the mug down. With a quick slash of her hand through the air the warlock cancels out her minor spell causing the green light to vanish. She begins to stroke her chin and starts giving Luc a look over.
Mori
Mori

Back to top Go down

Post by Luc Weiyn Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:18 am

"Yeah.... I'm gonna have to agree with Tracy there, I'm not so sure about sticking with anything long-term. I think I'd rath..." Luc trails off as he notices Mori staring at him. He blinks, gives a casual glance over his shoulder, then checks his red hawaiian shirt for any nibbles of dropped food before looking back at her. "...what?"
Luc Weiyn
Luc Weiyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Mori Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:19 am

"I'm..." Mori begins to tap her chin thoughtfully, continuing to examine Luc. "I'm wondering what your shirt would look like in a nice green..."
Mori
Mori

Back to top Go down

Post by Tracy the Cat Wed Dec 31, 2014 2:15 am

"Hey, I'm the one wearing green here," Tracy says with a smirk. "Don't just go changing the color of things, unless you want to turn that guy over there purple all of the sudden. That'd be hilarious."
Tracy the Cat
Tracy the Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Author Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:09 am

"Here you are miss!" A pretty serving girl comes by with a mug of the requested beverage. "Anyone else want anything?" She asks.

"Nah I'm good," Jeb replies.

The man Mori screwed rakes in a small pile of coins to the dismay of other players. The Wolven leans back and sips a drink, eyeing him intently.
Author
Author
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next