Skyline
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scene A - The Rusty Dog

4 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Scene A - The Rusty Dog - Page 2 Empty Re: Scene A - The Rusty Dog

Post by Tracy the Cat Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:43 am

"Oh, finally! Thanks," Tracy says as she takes a swig of the beer. Hearing the shouts of joy and groans of loss from the gambling table, Tracy turns to see what's up. The Wolven immediately catches her eye. She whistles a light tune while moving her non-mug hand in some motions under the table. The Wolen's drink suddenly tastes like pee. "Hey guys, watch this. It ought to be fun."

[[Used prestidigitation to alter the flavor of the beverage.]]
Tracy the Cat
Tracy the Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Luc Weiyn Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:17 am

"Uh... I'm- uh, between you and Tracy, I'm gonna say we have enough green between us," Luc says in response to Marcy, sporting a mild hint of unease in his voice. Hearing Tracy, he gives the catfolk a glance, though largely keeps his gaze on their resident warlock. "Watch what, exactly? 'Cause it's sounding like I need to keep an eye on this shirt of mine more than anything."
Luc Weiyn
Luc Weiyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Mori Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:48 pm

"Glass of mead, if you would." Mori says to the serving girl, casting a quick look from her to the card table and smilingly softly.
Hm. Wasn't exactly what  I was expecting. Still, works.
Putting on her most sweet and innocent look, Mori gives Luc a expression of utter shock and surprise.
"Wha-why! Luc! My dear! Are you accusing me of mischief? You should know that I am a utter saint! I would never do anything tricksy like change the color of your shirt to green while you were distracted."

She leans in closer, crossing her arms on the table and giving Luc a wicked grin. "How could you say such things about me! I mean, it's not like green is my favorite color. Or that Trace wears a green shirt. And I wear a lot of green. And green would make such a fantastic team color."
Mori
Mori

Back to top Go down

Post by Author Wed Dec 31, 2014 2:12 pm

Alright I'll get that for you, the waiter says and walks away.

The Wolven chokes on her drink for a second, then abruptly tries to stop pulling attention to herself. she sets the glass down as the winner gives her a cocky glance. "Something wrong?" He asks.
"...No," she says wearily.

Jeb looks at Tracy. "You're not using magic to prank that scary looking wolf over there are you?"
Author
Author
Admin

https://worldofskyline.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Mori Wed Dec 31, 2014 2:25 pm

"Oh she most certainly is. You know how Trace feels about Wolven." Mori says, keeping her attention towards Luc and staring him right in the eyes. She moves one hand under the table out of sight while giving Luc a cocky grin.
Mori
Mori

Back to top Go down

Post by Tracy the Cat Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:31 pm

"Oh Jeb, lighten up. I just made her drink taste bad. Of course, given the wonderful help that winner over there is giving me in making the wolf flustered, I expect a bar brawl soon-ish," Tracy says, taking another swig of her beer in between sentences. She playfully flicks her tail at Jeb. "I just figure we could all use a bit more excitement today. Those goblins were hardly a challenge."
Tracy the Cat
Tracy the Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Luc Weiyn Wed Dec 31, 2014 6:13 pm

Luc adopts a flat look as he stares back at Mori, propping his elbow on the table and subsequently resting his chin on his open hand. "Wait, wait, let me guess. The shirt is too obvious of a target now, so you're gonna change my fur instead. Or- oh, oh, you're not actually going to do anything, just to keep me paranoid all day. Hot, cold? On the right track?"
Luc Weiyn
Luc Weiyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Mori Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:24 pm

"Hot." Mori says, turning her head just slightly... Just enough to get Jeb and Tracy in her vision, then wills a minor amount of magic into her hand and slashes it across her thigh. Her blackstaff glows once more then slowly dims out.

[Casting Prestidigitation - Color Change - Purple]

Then a spot, right between Tracy's ears, high enough to be obvious to all onlookers but out of sight of her eyes, and a small patch on the back of Jeb's head turn a deep shade of purple.
"Now then, I'd really hope you don't cause a bar fight. I was hoping to take a dip in the bathhouse today. Clean off some of this blood and rest my muscles, give Luc something to think about tonight."
Mori
Mori

Back to top Go down

Post by Author Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:42 pm

There is a little bit of pointing and laughing at the prank, and a decent amount of surprise at the casual display of magic. The card players turn to see.

Anyone character paying any attention to the poker players may make a Wisdom (Perception) check. Luc's is assuredly +5.
Author
Author
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tracy the Cat Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:48 pm

Tracy looks around, sees the back of Jeb's head and then looks at Mori. "Fix this right now. I know you did something," she says, slightly annoyed.
Tracy the Cat
Tracy the Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Mori Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:08 pm

If I kill the magic on Jeb and Trace, I might get away with pranking her and her never finding out. Or I keep it around longer for the joke... Hmmm...
Mori snaps her fingers beneath the table, ending the spell on both Jeb and Tracy. She continues to give a mischievous look towards Luc however, not turning to look at Jeb or Tracy.
No reason to make it obvious I did it.
Mori
Mori

Back to top Go down

Post by Tracy the Cat Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:36 pm

Tracy looks back at Jeb's head, and then back to Mori. "I've been travelling with you for a few months now. You know I know you can do that. Fixing it doesn't change that I know you're behind it," Tracy says playfully before downing the rest of her beer. "Anyway, I think we ought to get out of here soon. I'm going to be far too drunk before long. That was beer four. I'm about to order another."
Tracy the Cat
Tracy the Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Author Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:18 pm

The next hand of cards begins to play out, with the young human betting aggressively.

"Wouldn't not ordering another beer work just as well?" Jeb asks.
Author
Author
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Luc Weiyn Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:02 am

Too focused on Mori, Luc remains entirely oblivious to the poker table, and he misses the brief appearance of the purple spots on Jeb and Tracy. He couldn't break his little bout of staring now, it was a thing. A thing that was happening. Oh well, whatever happened, happened. In response to Tracy, he adopts a faux-pouting tone, though still doesn't spare her a glance. "But... I'm not done with my ribs," he insists, grabbing the meal in question for another bite.
Luc Weiyn
Luc Weiyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Mori Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:35 am

"I just ordered some mead. There's no way I'm leaving here without enjoying that. And I intend to head to the bathhouse from here." Mori says, breaking eye contact with Luc and drinking the last watery dregs of her whiskey. "As for your accusation my friend, well..." She simply takes one more drink and sets down the empty glass, grinning like a idiot.
Mori
Mori

Back to top Go down

Post by Tracy the Cat Thu Jan 01, 2015 3:07 am

"Shut up, Jeb. Nobody asked you," Tracy says with a shit eating grin. "Barkeep! I'd like another beer!"
Tracy the Cat
Tracy the Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Author Thu Jan 01, 2015 3:19 am

Jeb just frowns at her, and the server acknowledges Tracy.

Three figures walk into the bar. In the lead is a tall young elf man with long white hair and a blue cloak falling over sleek leather armor. Behind him is a tall but relatively lean minotaur wearing casual clothing, but with an ornate shield strapped to his waist (Anyone can roll Intelligence (Religion)). Just in front of the Minotaur is a smaller girl in a brilliant red and gold cloak with equally brilliant red hair spilling out from the hood.

"Helloo rusty dog!" The elf in front yells. "Got any bored adventurers in here?"
Author
Author
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tracy the Cat Thu Jan 01, 2015 3:26 am

Tracy raises her mug high into the air. "Me! Me! Ooh, pick me!"
Tracy the Cat
Tracy the Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Mori Thu Jan 01, 2015 3:47 am

Mori rolls her eyes at Tracy and gets up from her seat, grabbing the blackstaff with her left hand and channeling a bit of magic into her right. Her right hand and eyes glow with a eldritch emerald green power, and just like before the staff starts to mirror the same arcane power inside itself. She struts over to the lead man, placing her staff at a angle and leaning on it as she gives the group a quick look over. Drying blood still coats her leather armor contrasting the kind look in her eyes.
"Greetings friends!" She says in a merry tone, her face cracking into a smile. "I happen to know of three bored adventures who just got off a job killing goblins. If you'd be willing to sit down at our table and share some drinks, I'd love to introduce you to them!"
The warlock turns at her waist, motioning to her table and inviting the group to join.
Mori
Mori

Back to top Go down

Post by Author Thu Jan 01, 2015 4:34 pm

"Perfect!" the man says, and takes a step to follow Mori.

"Now now," the Wolven says, turning around to look at the newcomers - along with most people in the bar. "You're not the only-" She whips around to the winning card player and grabs his wrist in a jerking motion. "I saw that!" She yells as card tumble out of the young man's hands - and sleeves. There is a moment of silence as heads turn to the confrontation.

"Y-you slipped them in!" The young man yells. "Because I was winning!"

"Really kid?"

The young man wrenches his hand away and stands up, looking down at the wolven. "That's what happens when a wolven loses huh, you frame a cheater?"

She sighs. "Look kid,"

"You all saw how fast she-" he began, clearly desperate, but the wolven casually stood up, and then in a flash threw her open hand against the back of his head, and the front of his head into the table. Then to the floor, he went limp.

Again the bar stared in silence. Even the bartender paused while wiping out a cleaned mug. The girl in the hooded cloak pressed a step into the minotaur. "He'll live," the wolven announced, then sighs again. "Whether or not he'll remember this well enough to learn a lesson," she mumbles, "remains to be seen." She scoops up the cheater's winnings along with her own and ties up her coin purse. The other three players made no motion to interrupt her. She turns to Mori and the elf, and the party could now see her face in full, rather than just the back of her head. She was at once somewhat young - not quite 30 - and very old. She seemed grizzled, no doubt in part due to the deep scar over her left eye and along her muzzle. "Mind if I join you?" she asked, more or less of Mori and the elf together.
Author
Author
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tracy the Cat Thu Jan 01, 2015 4:49 pm

Tracy stands up, stumbling a bit. "That was awesome!" she proclaims as she walks over to where the group now seems to be gathering. "Nothing like smashing a guy's face in to show him what's what. I may have no authority whatsoever, but I bet she'll help make our enemies quake in fear. We'll have enemies right? Oh what am I saying, of course we will. I'm involved."
Tracy the Cat
Tracy the Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Mori Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:12 pm

Yet again, Mori rolls her eyes at Tracy's drunken stumble. A quick snap of her fingers ends the showy spell she'd been channeling, and she turns at the waist to look towards the Wolven. Mori gives her a small nod of acknowledgment, then smiles and says. "Not at all! Like you were about to say before getting interrupted, we are not the only bored murderhobos needing jobs. I wasn't intending to poach the job, just wanted to introduce myself! My name is Mori, my buzzing friend here is Tracy and that chill ass motherfucker at our table is Luc." She motions to each member of the team as she says their names. "So, how can we help?"
Mori
Mori

Back to top Go down

Post by Author Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:52 pm

"The Wolven laughs. "Murderhobo... That's a new one..." She says under her breath.

"Well pleased to meet you all!" The elf says, shaking hands. "My name is Kai, this here is my sister Crystal," she gives a small bow, "and this is Troy."

"Greetings," Troy says, also shaking hands.

"And my name is Marilynn - Lynn for short, not Mary," the wolven says, walking over to the group.

"I've caught wind of a good spot for raiding and looting," Kai says, "Figured we could use some more people, shall we sit? Perhaps move to a larger table, we seem to have... 8?"
Author
Author
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mori Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:04 pm

"Eight? Oh, right, that's Jeb. Though..." Mori strokes her chin in thought once more, resting a elbow in her left hand while tapping her chin with her right. The blackstaff rests in the crook of her right arm. "Lets... Let's grab nine chairs. If Jasper shows up, she'll expect me to have a chair for her. Also, the food and drink here is excellent. If this will take a bit of time, I'd suggest ordering some."
Mori
Mori

Back to top Go down

Post by Tracy the Cat Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:21 pm

Tracy puts one hand across her chest and one hand on her rapier in a semi heroic drunken pose. "I am Tracy, bard and adventurer. I sing songs, get in fights, and doesn't afraid of anything," she says. "I can back up that the drink is good. I have had a bit too much to drink tonight. I assure this is not how it always is. We were just celebrating a victory against some goblins."
Tracy the Cat
Tracy the Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next