Skyline
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scene A - Land Ho

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Scene A - Land Ho Empty Scene A - Land Ho

Post by Author Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:35 am

The Wolven seem more wary of the Tigerfolk than vice versa, but both opt to keep the Brilliant Spectre between them, and stay similarly separated when they make camp. The Wolven crew is a small strike force plus a the deck hands who simply stay with the ship.

The second everyone steps onto the land, a shiver goes down their spines. [[Make Will Checks]]
Author
Author
Admin

https://worldofskyline.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Scene A - Land Ho Empty Re: Scene A - Land Ho

Post by Marceline Mori Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:55 am

Marceline steps onto the land with a rather grumpy look on her face, wearing the wide brimmed hat she picked up in Alexandria and black leather armor that cuts off at the shoulders and a armored skit. Leather boots stretch up to her knees, and over the armor is a heavy coat that looks like the mix between a robe or a leather duster. The moment her foot hits the ground... (Natural 1)
Marceline Mori
Marceline Mori

Back to top Go down

Post by Luc Weiyn Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:40 pm

Luc too makes his way off the boat, likewise wearing his recently-purchased straw hat. Although he has his own naturally-grown coat of fur, a simple shirt and pair of shorts won't cut it for the cold weather, and has thus donned a full set of thick furs for the occasion. In all honesty, this wasn't exactly his favorite type of weather...

[5+14+1 = 20 Will]
Luc Weiyn
Luc Weiyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurora the Dragon Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:30 pm

Aurora steps off the boat in full disguise, just in case. The cold doesn't bother her in the slightest. It's actually rather pleasant. The shiver in her spine is very odd though. Whatever could that be?

[14+10=20 WILL]
Aurora the Dragon
Aurora the Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Author Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:55 pm

It's as if a dark will is reaching out to each of them, trying to take hold. Luc and Aurora manage to keep it bay, but it seems ever-present.

Marceline, however, feels it jab into her like a fishhook. It takes hold and... Sits there, seemingly inconsequential albeit uncomfortable. At this point.

To the left, the Tigerfolk have landed, and their leader has begun to approach the party. Except Roger, who has decided not to show around paladins and clansfolk plagued by the undead.

Everyone else is heavily dressed - Even Kalia, though she doesn't seem especially happy about it.
Author
Author
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Author Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:00 pm

Troy freezes, then holds up his right hand and whispers something. The kite-shield-symbol that forms the back of his single gauntlet begins to glow. The force seems to shy away from the others, though it persists in Marceline - if weaker.
"What the hell?"
Author
Author
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Author Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:33 am

The force doesn't reach for Loire, but she is clearly anxious about its presence.

Each of Cedric's hairs point straight up as he sits perched atop Aurora's back. Charles stands upon Marcy's shoulder, looking out at the tundra defiantly. Despite being called a Tundra, it isn't perfectly flat, with small hills and a few cracked valleys - and, ways off distance, a forest of hardy-looking but sparse evergreens.
Author
Author
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurora the Dragon Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:57 am

Aurora thinks for a moment. "A force this powerful... it's not like a spell. It hasn't been cast recently. It's more like a dense malevolence in the air, emanating from a powerful demonic force. I once read of an ancient World Wound on this continent. It was a mountain, to the south. I think a demon must have found it and made its way into our world. What's worse, the strength of this malevolent force indicates it is either very close, or very powerful. Neither sounds particularly appealing."
Aurora the Dragon
Aurora the Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Author Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:02 am

Troy grits his teeth. "Demon sounds about right, it reeks of Sin, so it's either demonic or incredibly corrupted - if there's a world wound being reopened that's baaad news."
Author
Author
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Marceline Mori Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:16 am

"Guys, guys guys guys guys. I... I can feel it inside me. Its just, sitting there hooked into my body."
Marcy says, starting to claw at her leg ferociously.
"Get out. Get out get out get out. BEGONE FOUL PRESENCE BEFORE I SMITE THEE!"
Marceline Mori
Marceline Mori

Back to top Go down

Post by Luc Weiyn Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:18 am

Luc gives a little shiver, and not necessarily from the cold. This venture was certainly off to a wonderful start... especially with Marcy's growing panic.
"Hey, hey, easy there. The last thing we need is you tearing yourself apart, eh?"
Luc walks closer to her, wearing a frown. Granted, her worry was definitely valid, but at least it didn't seem to be doing anything to yet... best to get her unhooked before this thing started yanking her around like a fish on a line, or whatever it had in store for her.
"We'll get it yanked out... Aurora, help me out here, you know more about this than I do."

[Want to roll will/arcana to evaluate this 'hook,' but otherwise not alter/mess with it quite yet. In particular, looking to see if it can safely be reversed, and getting ready to pull back if it tries to cause any backlash.]
Luc Weiyn
Luc Weiyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Marceline Mori Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:42 pm

"I will not be some demons bitch." Marcy says, hot anger flashes in her eyes. Her fangs begin to unsheathe from her mouth and the red in her eyes becomes more focused with a dark hunger.

Stop Marcy. Roger hid for a reason.
I WILL NOT BE ENSLAVED AGAIN
Calm yourself. The others will take care of it. Trust Luc. This wont help.

Her eyes close and she starts taking deep slow breaths. Her arms stop tearing away at her leg, then she shoots Luc a look that says I told you so.
"What did I say? What was it again? Something along the lines of 'going towards the evil presence is a bad idea?' This is why I suggested the tropics. Not demonic presence there! Just hot bikini babes and fruity drinks."
Marceline Mori
Marceline Mori

Back to top Go down

Post by Luc Weiyn Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:23 pm

Luc gives a worried wince as Marcy's fangs unsheath, then gives a weak sigh as she berates him on the choice of destination. He slowly raises his hands up in a nonthreatening gesture, keeping his tone disarming, level, and calm.
"Alright, I know you're upset..." He pauses to briefly look over the icy landscape, wearing a subdued frown. "And uh, understandably so for a variety of reasons, but we're gonna make it through this in one piece. And once we're out of here, I swear I'll make it up to you, alright?"
Luc Weiyn
Luc Weiyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Author Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:22 pm

Kai and Troy also move to support her, though Kalia just looks startled. "If it really is Demonic, you might want to let me." He reaches out his right hand to her.

From the left a voice rolls out in broken Sylvan: "You now witness the cause of our flee. It has been here for a long time, but growing. Many cannot notice it. It does seemingly nothing - yet I think it is this which claims you on death."
Author
Author
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Marceline Mori Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:41 pm

"I want fruity drinks Luc." Marcy says, rolling her shoulders as her face breaks into a smile. "All. The. Fruity drinks. Now, let's try to get this out of me before I freak out on everyone. Afterwords, we should probably check out all the Wolven. Then, we kick demonic ass.
She starts to mumble something under her breath about demonic assholes trying to enslave her will.
Marceline Mori
Marceline Mori

Back to top Go down

Post by Luc Weiyn Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:08 pm

Luc steps back, allowing Kalia to do her own work instead. When Marcy makes her demands, he gives an amused snort, followed by a small chuckle.
"That's it? Really? I offer you a blank check and you want to cash it in on booze?"
He pauses for a moment.
"...actually, yeah, I see where you're coming from. That's fair."

To his left, he gives a nod of acknowledgement.
"I understand your fears. But, you are no longer alone; your home will be returned to you in due time."

With that, he addresses Marcy again.
"Oh, and uh... according to our tiger friends here, now would probably be a bad time to die. Just... just thought you should know."
Luc Weiyn
Luc Weiyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Author Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:48 am

Valska bares her teeth. "Yes, your clan's strength is obvious."

"Oooohkay, it's pretty stuck in there, but it should be fine." Troy turns to Valska and bows. "We do not mean to indicate superior ability."

She sighs. "And yet, we are here for your assistance."

"Why did you accept our help? I understand it is not your way."

"We must do what we can to survive here, but help is hard for our kin to accept. But I do not value pride before survival, and my clan does not value it above loyalty."
Author
Author
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Marceline Mori Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:57 am

Marcy frowns at Troy and looks over to Valska. "Excuse me, I don't mean to be disrespectful." Her attentions turn back towards Troy. "What do you mean 'it should be fine.' It's a demonic hook stuck in my body. How can that in any way be fine."
Marcy lets out a sigh and leans one hand onto her hip, eyes turning to the skyline.
"Lemme know when we move out. I think I'm going to run and grab another drink quickly."
Marceline Mori
Marceline Mori

Back to top Go down

Post by Author Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:50 am

"Uh, well I mean because I have - you, should stay close to my warding," he reaches vaguely to her. His hand is still going.
Author
Author
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Marceline Mori Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:56 am

She rolls her eyes again and stops, staying near Troy.
"Yes Mum, I won't wander off."
Marceline Mori
Marceline Mori

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurora the Dragon Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:01 am

"This is interesting. I've never seen a real demon before. I hope he isn't too strong. If he is, we might not be able to fight him. Maybe if we all work together though. Just think, we could all be like the heroes of legend."
Aurora the Dragon
Aurora the Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Luc Weiyn Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:04 am

Luc sighs, talking in a somewhat flat tone.
"Would you like me to fetch one of the many drinks I owe you real quick?"
Luc Weiyn
Luc Weiyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Marceline Mori Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:09 am

"No." She says, her tone becoming serious. "I want you near if we get jumped by demons. There's a time for me to bitch about not being in the tropics and a time to take this seriously. I've bitched enough, for now at least."
She turns to look at Troy.
"What's the plan boss?"
Marceline Mori
Marceline Mori

Back to top Go down

Post by Author Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:55 am

Marceline Mori wrote:She rolls her eyes again and stops, staying near Troy.
"Yes Mum, I won't wander off."
"You're the one who's freaked out about this," Troy responds.

Aurora the Dragon wrote:"This is interesting. I've never seen a real demon before. I hope he isn't too strong. If he is, we might not be able to fight him. Maybe if we all work together though. Just think, we could all be like the heroes of legend."
"You know, I Haven't either - at least nothing major," Kai says. He seems more curious and amused than he probably should be. "What exactly could it be..."
Goddamnit you two, Cedric says.
Marceline Mori wrote:She turns to look at Troy.
"What's the plan boss?"
"Hey c'mon, I'm the captain," Kai quips.

Troy chuckles and begins waving his hand around Marcy, but speaks to Valska. Charles watches his hand intently as it moves. "it would seem your foe is not what we first thought. Frankly we're not sure what it is. Still, we have a chance at fighting it. Probably.

"I have gambled much to you, given unrest to my clan. I have made myself look indecisive and weak. Do not fail me."

"Fear not." Troy's fingers make a motion as though running along a string connected to Marcy's chest - and, as he mutters a few prayers, one appears - long, thin and black, stretching to the south. After a moment Charles leaps at it, and much to Troy's apparent shock, manages to wrap his teeth around it. It bends down line a silk strand as he falls to the snow with it, then claws at it and - much to Troy, Kai and Cedric's apparent awe and bewilderment, snaps it. He proceeds to then tug on it with his much like a dog with a rope toy until it slips from his grasp and dissipates.

"That.... Can't... Happen...
Author
Author
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurora the Dragon Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:49 am

Aurora's eyes light up in wonder. She's never seen anything like this. of course, nobody here has. "That was incredible. Obviously Charles defies some of the inherent laws we assume possible when dealing with this sort of magic. Why, this could be ground breaking! I need to take notes!" Aurora exclaims as she pulls out her notebook and begins furiously writing. She looks down at her writing, sloppy but readable. "Ooof, still getting used to writing with these hands."
Aurora the Dragon
Aurora the Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next