Skyline
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thread A - The Rusty Dog

4 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Thread A - The Rusty Dog - Page 3 Empty Re: Thread A - The Rusty Dog

Post by Author Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:00 pm

Again silence falls upon the bar. A few of the patrons start laughing, and one man in particular, a burly bald man, shouts out "You think you can just walk into a bar and ask 'where's the nearest-'"

At that moment, the doors of the bar fly open. An elvish man with long white hair and fine leather armor - studded with jewels and a few more buckles that were absolutely necessary - struts into the bar with his arms out wide. "I'm looking for some brave souls who are willing to drop everything and risk life and limb on a voyage from which they will likely not return, to a destination we may never reach, searching the world for strange and wonderful things - " He stops walking and presses his hands together, missing only a single beat, " - Like a dragon at a bar!" He spins on his heels, facing the opposite direction and resumes walking, now backwards. He swings his arms out again, but less dramatically. "See I'm already off to a good start," he spins back around to face the dragon in question, "You wouldn't happen to be... Aurora, would you?" he asks, holding out his hand and raising an eyebrow.
Author
Author
Admin

https://worldofskyline.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurora the Dragon Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:11 pm

Aurora's eyes light up and she shakes the elf's hand with her claw, perhaps squeezing just a bit too hard in her excitement. "I am Aurora! Pleased to meet you. I was just here looking for adventure. Some bald guy told me that was silly, but then you burst in here talking about dangerous adventures. I would love to go on an adventure! When are you leaving?"
Aurora the Dragon
Aurora the Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Author Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:15 pm

The elf's eyes similarly light up. "Well my dear, I leave when I get the people I need! And you would be an incredible addition to my team! The name's Kai Ishida."
Author
Author
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurora the Dragon Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:45 pm

"Well, I'm sold," Aurora says. She turns to Luc and Marceline. "Thanks for everything you two. The food and drink was a great start to my adventure. Oh, before I go, can I get that wine?"
Aurora the Dragon
Aurora the Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Marceline Mori Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:17 pm

It would be very irresponsible to make a impulsive decision that could change my entire life. Like going on a voyage that I would never return from.
"HEY CAPN'. There going to be a lot of shiny things on this voyage?"
Marceline Mori
Marceline Mori

Back to top Go down

Post by Author Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:26 pm

"Well now, that's the best part!" Kai says, looking up at Marceline with an enthusiastic wag of his finger. "I have no idea what we might find! We're going to the end of the world!" he pauses. "Which, all things considered, means there will likely by a lot of shiny things."
Author
Author
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Marceline Mori Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:54 pm

Fuck it
With a smile on her face, Marceline steps up onto the counter behind the bar where food and drinks are prepared and raises up her right arm, pointing to the ceiling. Her right arm seems to explode, tendrils of blood lash out and burn away at the clothing around her forearm. A thick, sticky strand of blood shoots forth with rapid speed and sticks to exposed rafters above. Laughing like a madman, Marcy jumps over the bar and swings through the air. She lands in front of Kai, and the blood tentacle snakes through the air before flowing back into her arm.

No longer hidden beneath a black dress or whipping blood, a pristine black metal gauntlet rests on Marcelines right arm. It hugs tightly to her skin, and is clearly a more ornamental piece then anything used for protection. Strands of black metal with silver fringes crisscross her right arm like a spiders web, revealing the pale flesh beneath. Her skin around the point of contact with the metal seems to redder, like a fresh bruise. A blood red gem is set in the center of the gauntlet, pulsating with strange eldritch power. The clothing around the gauntlet is bloody and burnt, and with this same arm Marcy reaches out and seductively strokes the left side of Kai's face.
"Need a bartender, Captain?"
Marceline Mori
Marceline Mori

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurora the Dragon Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:57 pm

Aurora stares at Marceline in total shock. "That was totally AWESOME! Oh my gosh, you're the real deal! A truly powerful adventurer! This is going to be great!"
Aurora the Dragon
Aurora the Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Marceline Mori Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:00 pm

Still putting on her cutest smile and sexiest eyes, Marcy leans towards Kai.
"So thats a vote of confidence from the dragon. Am I in?"
Marceline Mori
Marceline Mori

Back to top Go down

Post by Author Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:11 pm

More silence falls upon the bar. Mouths were now agape at the current spectacle.

"With a power like that," Kai says with a smirk, gently placing his hand against Marcy's. "I think you're a little bit overqualified for a bartender."

Last edited by Author on Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Author
Author
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Marceline Mori Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:15 pm

Marcy smiles again, and quickly kisses Kai on the forhead before pulling away from him.
"Sorry boys! Looks like the bar is closed. I've got an adventure to go on. Charles! Fetch me my wine!"
She quickly looks over at her friend for the last three months. Someone whose had her back and saved her ass more times then she can count. Someone she doesn't want to let go yet.
"Luc! You should come along as well!"
Marceline Mori
Marceline Mori

Back to top Go down

Post by Luc Weiyn Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:22 pm

Luc stares at Marceline's flashy display, followed promptly by the rolling of his eyes. Show off. He then looks back to the kitchen with a wistful expression, scratching the side of his neck.
"I dunno, Marcy. Traveling is fun and all, but I've really come to like this bar. Whipping up delicious meals fit for the average everyman, knowing that I've made their days just a little bit happier... I dunno, I think it's time for me to settle down, I've really found my calling here. We've had plenty of good times together, but..."
He pauses for a moment, suppressing a small snort, then chuckles.
"Okay, nope, couldn't say it with a straight face. 'Course I'm coming along, you dummy. I'll gladly take up your offer, captain. I assume you'll need a chef, and my cooking is better than hers, trust me."
Luc Weiyn
Luc Weiyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Author Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:01 am

"Whoa whoa whoa, I haven't formerly -" Kai turns to Luc,   "I do need a chef actually, yes, what's your special?"
Author
Author
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurora the Dragon Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:27 am

"I'm not sure if the steak is his special, but it is really tasty."
Aurora the Dragon
Aurora the Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Luc Weiyn Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:55 am

He gives a nonchalant shrug.
"Special? It's whatever I happen to be cooking at the time. As of five minutes ago, it was the steak. Right now, it's whatever you want it to be. Perhaps I can interest you in some lunch?"
Luc Weiyn
Luc Weiyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Author Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:34 am

"As a matter of fact," Kai says, leaping a step forward onto the stool by Aurora, "You can. 'Fraid your bar is open a little longer, 'Marcy,' your chef needs to make an audition. A steak too, if you would." Kai spins around on his stool and faces the rest of the bar. "Anyone else care for the voyage of... of a lifetime?"
Author
Author
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Luc Weiyn Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:52 am

"Excellent. One steak, coming right up."
He flashes a satisfied smile as he starts to make his way back to the kitchen, then stops after two steps.
"Oh, and how would you like that cooked?"
Luc Weiyn
Luc Weiyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Marceline Mori Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:54 am

Sigh
"It makes me look bad when you re-open my bar after I just closed if... Well. A drink then? Show you just how over qualified I am."
Marceline Mori
Marceline Mori

Back to top Go down

Post by Author Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:21 am

"Gimme it medium rare," Kai says, looking over his shoulder, "And yeah, something fancy." He turns back to the bar. "No takers, then?"

"My my, what have we gotten into?" Cedric muses. Kai spins around and shoves his face up near Cedric. "Is that a talking cat!?"

After a pause, Cedric responds. "Indeed, indeed I am. My name is Cedric, I don't remember my last name. It's... a pleasure to meet you."

"You too." Kai leans back. "Today just keeps getting better."
Author
Author
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Marceline Mori Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:28 am

Something fancy huh? You want fancy, I'll give you fancy.
Going back behind the bar, Marcy crouches down behind the shelving and grabs one of her bottles of amantiago. She brings it up from the bar and pours a glass, offering it to Kai.
"Here, the fanciest I've got."
Marceline Mori
Marceline Mori

Back to top Go down

Post by Author Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:36 am

Kai swirls is and takes a sip, and a look of surprise comes across his face. "Is this... Amantiago?" Honestly surprised this bar has something like that.

"Hey!" a voice comes from the manager's office in the back. "Marcy, I need you back here!"
Author
Author
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Marceline Mori Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:43 am

Fuck
With a wink Marcy says "They don't, but I do. I come with my own stock. However, it seems I've been naughty and now my Bossman needs to talk to me. Again... See you in a few!"
Marcy gives Kai a nod and heads to the back office.

Last edited by Marceline Mori on Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Marceline Mori
Marceline Mori

Back to top Go down

Post by Author Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:47 am

Kai smirks back and continues drinking. "So, Cedric, how did you come by the ability to speak?"
Author
Author
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurora the Dragon Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:56 am

"Well, you see, Cedric is actually a human soul, but he was dying and that made me really sad. My dad said that was just the natural way of things among mortal species. I was too young to really understand and so I just cried and begged a bunch. So dad put Cedric's soul into a puppy. Puppies don't live very long, so Cedric has been in various animals since his body's death. I wish we could put him back in a human body, but that sadly means pushing the soul out. A little unethical. So as an animal he shall stay for now."
Aurora the Dragon
Aurora the Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Author Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:06 am

Kai looks at Aurora as she speaks. "Impressive power to do that. I guess I would except nothing less from Aristotle." Kai then turns back to Cedric. "I suppose an undead body would be too uncomfortable?"

Cedric shoots Aurora a look, then responds to Kai. "Animals make better companions than zombies, he says. Could've gone for some kind of construct, but... eh... I suppose I'm fairly attached to living flesh."
Author
Author
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next